Safety & Facilities Officer
We are Fliway, a Yang Kee company…
Fliway is one of the largest fully integrated logistics providers operating in New Zealand. We offer seamless global supply chain solutions - from international freight to warehousing & domestic delivery to business or the home. As a division of Yang Kee, our global reach is further supported with operations in South East Asia, Australia and the United States.
Join our team...
We've got a great opportunity for the right person with a positive 'can do' attitude to join our small H&S team to assist the Health & Safety Manager, along with managers, our people and our contractors to work towards achieving our vision of 100% Home Safely.
You will be required to ensure that H&S work practices, policies and training information is communicated, understood and followed, and our operational sites are supported in achieving their H&S goals.
No 2 days will be the same! You'll have excellent Word and Excel skills, along with strong written and verbal communication, sense of confidentiality and be flexible in managing multiple priorities and requests on your time!
You'll love variety in your work because your duties will include assisting with H&S reporting, and collating and analysing data, developing and publishing relevant Toolbox topics for operational toolbox meetings across all business units, H&S inspections, Risk and hazard audits etc.
A significant part of your role will also be liaising with contractors in Auckland and nationally to ensure H&S compliance and safe planning has been completed for work to be completed, in line with good practice, legislation and company procedures. In addition, you'll oversee building and facilities maintenance in Auckland required to maintain standards in line with the landlords' requirements and our operational compliance needs.
To be successful you will bring:
- Passion and/or strong interest in Health & Safety
- Practical down to earth approach - work experience within Transport, Warehousing, Manufacturing or similar would be ideal
- Strong Time Management and Organisational skills, resilient to changing work environment and demands
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal) and to a variety of audiences/groups
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving and ability to resolve issues
- Self-motivated and team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Confidence in decision making
The role is full time, Monday to Friday and there is some flexibility on start and finish times to suit your life, family requirements.
If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a new challenge in 2020, this is the one for you.
Apply now online, or for a copy of the position description contact firstname.lastname@example.org