National Operations Manager - Logistics
Fliway Group is one of the largest logistic and transport providers in New Zealand. We offer global supply chain solutions from international freight to warehousing & domestic delivery to a business or the home. We have over 400 team members nationally, 200 vehicles in our fleet, and branches nationwide. We also offer freight forwarding, customs clearance and national or international transport and courier services. Internationally, we are part of the wider Yang Kee Logistics Group which is an end-to-end global supply chain logistics partner with a global presence in 12 countries and a team of over 1,250 people.
What the role is about:
We are looking for a senior leader to focus on the operational performance of our 3PL warehousing function across NZ. Reporting to the divisional GM, this role is focused on operational delivery across our Auckland (3), Wellington (2) and Christchurch Logistics sites ensuring service delivery standards are met at all times. Along with the responsibility for the day to day 3PL operations, you will also be responsible for all distribution and warehousing team, along with key interactions with our customers.
To be successful in this position, you'll be a strong people manager who has solid operational management experience in 3PL, excels in managing customer relations and you're commercially savvy. You get logistics and supply chain management, you thrive on a challenge and you know how to improve the operation through continuous improvement. You're comfortable with systems, analysis, reporting results, as well as managing day to day operational responsibilities of running a 3PL operation when needed. You have the ability to work under pressure and can lead from the front with focuses on quality, delivery, performance and H&S - and you never lose sight of the customer experience and ensuring we deliver our promise!
Areas of responsibility include:
- Operational Management - 5 direct reports
- Team management - including planning, development, etc
- Health & Safety
- Customer Care & Business Development
- Finance & Reporting
What we are looking for:
- Senior Management experience, preferably in the Logistics / Warehousing Industry. Working within a 3PL environment would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to build rapport and working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Experience operating in a multi task environment
- Ability to be self-directed and to manage and mentor others
- Experienced in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong networking skills with the ability to develop existing and new relationships
Next steps …
If you are ready for a new challenge in a fast-paced place and this is the opportunity for you, APPLY ONLINE NOW! Only online applications are accepted.
Please note as a standard recruitment process - you must be able to go through a Ministry of Justice check and ACC check to be considered for this position. To apply for this vacancy, you MUST have the right to work in New Zealand.