Driver Assistant - Special Services
You get it already... you know Transport or you're keen to learn it. You love the challenge of a fast paced environment, you enjoy a physically demanding role, and you have a good geographical knowledge.
You're already strong in Customer Services and you're ready to take on a new role with our team at Fliway. We're one of the largest fully integrated logistics providers operating in New Zealand, offering our customers solutions from international freight to warehousing and domestic delivery to both businesses and homes.
You also like the fact that we offer development, a dynamic team environment, and the duties include loading/unloading trucks, specialist freight handling, along with very varied work from general transport work through to medical equipment installation, ATM work, and diverse fragile project work.
This position is full-time Monday to Friday, working as rostered between 07.00am and 04.00pm and include some work out-of-town, as well as occasional weekend work…that works in with your lifestyle.
The What and Who...
To be successful in our team and achieve in this role of Drivers Assistant, you'll be:
- Hardworking, honest and reliable
- Fit for work - lifting, pushing, pulling, movement of freight by hand and trolley is required
- Flexible in your approach - a typical day may include unloading freight, assisting with freight deliveries, processing paperwork and providing great customer services
- Able to manage your workload, and meet deadlines
- Organised in processing your documentation and keeping your paperwork in order
- Good team player, with initiative and able to perform quality work in a safe manner
- Have a Class 1 Driver licence and a desire to upskill and train as a Class 2/4 Driver, paid for by the Company
- A competent licenced forklift driver (preferable)
The How, When and Where...
So, if this sounds like the place and position for you, apply now
Please note as standard recruitment process- you must be able to go through a Ministry of Justice check, ACC check along with pre-employment medical & drug assessment to be considered for this position.