Class 2 - 5 Truck Drivers
Do you live in Wellington and do you you enjoy driving ???
You have great Customer Service and you want to bring it to our fast paced NZ wide transport and logistics company. You also like the fact that we offer internal training and development, including furthering your class of license. We have a great team environment, and these roles offer working with variety of challenging freight despatched from our Wellington depot or direct from our larger clients' sites.
The positions are fulltime Monday to Friday day shift rostered between 7:00am and 5.00pm.
The What and Who...
The Team - We are overall an enthusiastic team who works hard, and with urgency when the occasion requires. We all help in all areas of the business as and when needed.
To be successful in our team and succeed in this role of Driver, you'll be:
- Hardworking, honest and reliable
- Have good geographical knowledge
- Fit for work - lifting, pushing, pulling, movement of freight by hand and trolley is required
- Flexible - a typical day may include loading freight, driving, deliveries, answering the phone and communicating with your receivers, doing the paperwork and providing great customer service
- Able to manage your workload, meet deadlines and work with URGENCY during the busy periods
- Ability to use a computer, PDA, scanner, tablet or mobile phone to organise your daily run and paperwork
- Good team player, with initiative and ability to perform quality work in a safe manner and go outside your normal duties to help the team when required
- Hold a clean Class 2 , Class 4 or Class 5 licence.
- You will be required to load and unload freight manually without damage
The How, When and Where...
So, if this sounds like the place and position for you, apply now or call John Maxwell on 04 477 7589 for more information.
Please note as standard recruitment process - you must be able to go through a Ministry of Justice check, ACC check along with pre-employment drug assessment to be considered for this position.