Operations Supevisor - Night Shift
The Why ...
You thrive when you are supervising a team, keeping on top of operational challenges and ensuring excellent customer service is achieved through the actions of your team. You will also not hesitate to get your hands dirty by working alongside your team and to do the work by yourself when needed.
You're already successful in what you do and you're ready to take on a new role with our team at Fliway. We're one of the largest fully integrated logistics providers operating in New Zealand, offering our customers solutions from international freight to warehousing and domestic delivery to both businesses and homes.
You also like the fact that we offer development and we're located close to Auckland airport with parking - meaning this full-time Monday to Friday afternoon shift role (03:00pm to finish) is a great one to snap up.
The What and Who ...
You are comfortable with people, processes, reporting results and the day to day operational responsibilities of managing the freight load and unload of trucks and supervising the teams that do this work while actively involving in operations.
To be successful at Fliway, you'll be:
- Able to train and communicate effectively with our people (verbal and written)
- Able to supervise the dockway loading team
- Fit for work - lifting, pushing, pulling, movement of freight by hand, trolley and forklift is required
- Safety focused - able to lead and manage health and safety in your team
- Security aware - ensuring the building and vehicles are secure at all times
- Good at using the computer, including Microsoft Office systems
- Eager to learn and develop new skills for advancement
- A great forklift operator with a current forklift licence and operating certificate, ideally
The How, When and Where ...
So, if you're ready for this new challenge in a fast paced place, apply now.
Please note as standard recruitment process - you must be able to go through a Ministry of Justice check, ACC check along with pre-employment medical & drug assessment to be considered for this position.